Fri, Jan 21|
200 RYT Teacher Training
Teacher trainers Brittany Wilkewitz, Heather McDonnell and Margaret Penn will take you on a journey of exploration, growth and understanding - all with intention to help you "live your yoga." Starts Jan 21. See link for more detailed dates.
Time & Location
Jan 21, 2022, 5:30 PM
Toledo, 3145 Central Ave, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
About the Event
Fridays 5:30-9:00, Saturdays & Sundays 7-4pm
January 21-23, 28-30
February 4-6, 25-27
March 4-6, 25-27
Apr 1-3, 22-24, 29-May 1
Our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a comprehensive anatomy-based program created to teach the foundations of yoga. Trainees will gain a deep understanding of relationships; brain to body, body to movement, movement to breath, breath to stillness and stillness to unity - bringing us full circle in the natural cycle of yoga. As a trainee, you can expect to awaken to your limitless potential in the physical, intellectual and spiritual realms, allowing you to teach yoga from a space of knowledge, understanding, awareness and joy.
Our training staff has many years of combined yoga teaching and training experience, allowing us to offer an in-depth, foundational yoga education that prepares trainees to:
- Develop a deeper knowledge and understanding of how to “live your yoga."
- Understand anatomy as it relates to the movement you are teaching. We’ll give you the”why” behind the movement.
- Embody adaptability and sustainable movement throughout your life and that of your students.
- Create your own classes designed to align and strengthen the body, mind and soul.
- Teach students to move in a systematic way that creates stability, mobility and strength, on and off the mat.
- Safely instruct yoga to all populations, including those with diverse mobility and needs.
BODY: It's not just about what feels good in your body now, this modality was developed with a mind towards what will feel good in your body next week, next month and in the years ahead. By creating a body awareness around functional movement, we will learn to move in a way that enlivens your body now, but will also build strength, mobility and stability, which will create an able-body later.
SOUL: Yoga is the science of living. Studying and understanding yogic philosophy is the work of a lifetime. However, if we only study and understand - without implementing - our day-to-day lives are not impacted in a profound way. We'll study and comprehend with the intention to LIVE this science of yoga everyday and in all aspects of our lives.
Throughout our training we’ll cover:
- In-depth anatomy and kinesiology
- Yoga philosophy - how to live it today
- Sequencing and timing for various class types
- Messaging while teaching
- Supportive and stabilizing assists
- Inclusive teaching
- Developing your voice
- Your career as a yoga teacher
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- A downloadable training manual
- Video access to 10 core classes
- Yoga Alliance RYT200 Certificate upon completion of the coursework and evaluations